Monday 22 March 2010

Oscar winner Mo'Nique : Ours is an Open Marriage

Oscar winner Mo'Nique had no qualms about being in an open marriage. Speaking just before she won an Oscar for best Supporting Female, the co-star of Precious revealed all.


On Sunday's Oscar Night edition of The Barbara Walters Special, the Precious star, 42, says that while she has "not had sex" outside her marriage to husband (and business manager) Sid Hicks, he is free to do so.


"Could Sid have sex outside of his marriage with me? Yes. That's not a deal-breaker," she says. "That's not something that would make us say, 'Pack your things and let's end the marriage.'"



And she says she wouldn't call it quits even if he had numerous flings.


"What if it's 20 times?" she asks. "So what? We've been best friends for over 25 years, and we truly know who we are. Often times, people get into marriages and they don't know who they're laying next to. I'm very comfortable and secure with my husband."

So how does she keep her husband's interest?

"He loves the hairy legs,” she says, adding that she never shaves. "And if Sid likes the hairy legs, there you go ... I'm 42 and very hairy."


The one time she shaved her legs, "it was so uncomfortable and painful," she recalls. "I said, 'Never again would I do that to myself.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment